What the?! Winter already?!

Here we are, dear readers, on the first day of June, and for those of us lucky enough to live in the Southern Hemisphere, the first day of winter.

I'm really not a big fan of winter, but fortunately they're bearable in Queensland. Having said that, in my two winters here there have been some [expletive] cold days. Scarves, coats and boots help, but some days it just plain sucks when you have to roll out of bed and get up as the cold air wafts through the cracks in the floor boards, chilling your poor little feety feet.
Winter is the time for snuggles under the doona (with my teddy bear of course), hot chocolates (must remember to purchase marshmallows!) and comfort food (soups, casseroles, pasta ... Bye-bye waistline ...).

In an ideal a fantasy world, come winter, I'd be whisked away to either the other side of the world to enjoy summer, or to New Zealand to indulge in some skiing. Unfortunately, that's not my life, so instead, I'm left to hope that, as has been the case in my previous Queensland winters, we only get one or two weeks of "[expletive] me dead, it's cold! Why can't I stay in bed?!" days. Considering the season is three months long, I guess one or two weeks is acceptable. I guess. If it has to be.
I should actually be extremely thankful for the fact that we only have a short time of ridiculously cold weather - which, might I add, is probably not all that cold to a lot of people - and harden the [expletive] up. Why? Well, as revealed a couple of posts ago, this winter loving gal (ha!) is heading to PARIS in FEBRUARY. Yes. A Northern Hemisphere city in Winter. Wise move, hey? I can guarantee you I will be shopping up a storm whenever I see winter clothing on sale. Somehow, I fear that my 'Queensland Winter Staples' won't quite cut it in Paris. And I'm not talking about the fashion here people. My warmest winter item is a 3-sizes-too-large dressing gown. Hmmm. Probably a good thing I'll only be over there for two weeks, or my travel budget may need to be re-worked entirely.

Here's to winter, snuggles, hot chocolates and doona-filled weekends.

xx

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top The Life of Gems. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.