Slow Cooker Sunday

Okay, so this is hardly an 'adventure' but this blog is about my life too, and today is Slow Cooker Sunday.

Currently in my slow cooker, I have a chicken & vegetable soup simmering away and, if I do say so myself, it smells darn good!
No recipe, just a bunch of ingredients, so time will tell as to whether or not it tastes as good as it smells :)

Slow Cooker Sunday Chicken & Vegie Soup
Sprinkle 4x chicken drumsticks with Italian Seasoning
Top with 1L of vegetable stock (I used the liquid, rather than cubes & water), and approx 1L of water
Chop up 2x zucchini, 2x carrot, 2x celery stalks, 3x shallots & 2x cloves of garlic and throw them in
Add some parsley and basil (I used half a small 'sachet' of each, from the Gourmet Gardens 6 pack)
Stir it all up, pop the lid on and switch the slow cooker onto 'Auto'

Leave it for hours and hours (I'm just going to wait until the chicken starts falling off the bone) and then enjoy with some yummy bread.

*Hopefully* it's delish!


Enjoy your Sunday, dear readers, I'm going back to my DVD watching while I await confirmation of my Sunday Session plans.

xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
June 8, 2009 at 4:13 AM

I love the smell of a good chicken & vege soup! I'm jealous! Lol. And thanks for the comments once more.

Gemma said...
June 8, 2009 at 9:16 AM

It smelt delish, but the taste wasn't quite there. I'll confess. I'm yet to work out what the missing ingredient is.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top The Life of Gems. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.