The Weekend That Was

I love awesome weekends. The ones that are just fun-filled and you look back on it on Sunday night and don't feel like you wasted a single minute (although you probably did, but the unwasted minutes were that great that they overrule the wasted ones). I was lucky enough to have an awesome weekend this weekend.

Saturday I lunched with the ladies, and Trudy and I shared a bottle of bubbles in celebration of my divorce-a-versary. Then we headed to the pub for a cocktail. Oh how I love cocktails.
The Southbank Markets were on, so we decided to wander around them. I love markets, and soon discovered that going to the markets whilst slightly intoxicated is not the best idea. Although I do love my purchases! (Two funky pairs of earrings, a 'Rex Manning Day' t-shirt, a cute belly bar & a pair of earrings that were purchased by a friend as a belated birthday present)

Back to the pub for a jug. Trudy encouraged a little Trixie to come out when I spotted a couple of cute boys. Haha. Trixie wasn't ready to come out though, so I ended up with a pint of beer that I really didn't feel like drinking!
Home by about 5-5.30pm and I was ready to keep going. Or sleep. Keep going it was, and I headed out to meet up with a friend.

What a night.

Drinking, dancing, playing the tambourine so hard that I bruised myself. An unknown cut on my foot, and some kind of black tar-like substance on my feet. Good times, good times.

Drunken wisdom had me stay at a friends place much further away from the city than my own place. Then in the morning we realised that I had no way of getting home as the friends car was not at the house. Fortunately this was soon remedied, and I got back to my place sometime around 9.30-10 this morning. Not a bad effort in my books!

I really enjoy nights like last night. Having an absolute blast and not having a care in the world. It was the first time I'd been out with this group of friends, but hopefully not the last. I did tell a few of them (numerous times I think!) that they were my new best friends and they weren't allowed to go out again with out me. I amuse me.

And now it's 10pm and time for me to try and get some shut eye.

Here's to fun times with fun friends.

xx

3 comments:

the girl with the pink teacup said...
June 22, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Gemma! I'm so sorry I didn't comment a bit earlier, but just wanted to say that I'm so happy you had such a fantastic day on the 21st :) There's seriously nothing better than those wild nights out when you really need a lift - glad you had some great chickie babes to hang out with!

Lots of love

Anonymous said...
June 24, 2009 at 5:46 AM

Why were you playing the tambourine?? Haha

Gemma said...
June 24, 2009 at 7:06 PM

The band was looking for volunteers, so volunteer I did. Don't ask me how I got onto the stage in a lady-like manner (I was wearing 4-inch heels that I rarely wear). I rocked the socks off the whole pub though, you better believe it.
Well ... as much as you can 'rock' to 'Steal My Kisses' Hahaha

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top The Life of Gems. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.