The Planning Begins!

Over the next 8 months or so, I'll be updating on the progress of My European Adventure plans. I'm so excited, I could blog about it every day, but I won't :)

One of my lovely friends, and her boyfriend, were kind enough to buy me a bookstore voucher for my birthday, so that I could buy myself a Lonely Planet guide. So this morning, off I toddled, straight to the Travel Section and picked up 'Europe on a Shoestring'. I thought about getting a more localised guide, but given that I am having strong thoughts of further travel, figured this would best suit my needs.
All day, I sat and thought about that book sitting in my bag, wanting to rifle through it and fill my mind with all things Europe! Somehow I resisted (the numerous emails waiting to be processed could've had some impact) until around 4.30pm, when I had a bit of a flick through and excitement filled me once again.
There's so much to see and do, I just know that I'm going to want to be back on the plane as soon as I leave. I will contain myself though, and focus on three cities for now. Paris, Amsterdam and somewhere in Italy. Possibly Venice. I'll do a few days per city and explore to my heart's content.

This week will also see the start to my savings. I'll have to live to tight budget to save enough in time, but it be so rewarding to land in Paris next February, on the start of an adventure into what will feel like another world.

*sigh* February, how I long to see you ...

xx

ETA - Eek! Passport application is complete! Photos to be taken, application to be sent. It's happening!!

2 comments:

Leila said...
June 2, 2009 at 5:10 AM

How exciting!! You are going to have such a great time!!

Gemma said...
June 2, 2009 at 7:04 AM

I know!! And I can't wait!! It'll be worth the wait though :)

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top The Life of Gems. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.