Marvellous Monday

Normally, I'm not Monday's biggest fan. I don't mind them, but I wouldn't go out of my way to endure one.

Today, however, is different. In the wonderful Land Down Under, today is a Public Holiday. It's the "Queens Birthday" Public Holiday, despite the fact that it's not actually her birthday today, but generally you don't hear many complaints from the Aussies about that fcat.

A whole extra day of the weekend? What to do with it?
For starters, I'm going to keep up with my 'long weekend tradition' (started this long weekend) of laying in bed for a while, blogging, general netting, and perhaps a little more Gilmore Girls watching.
At some stage, I'll probably do some washing, so that I don't turn up to work tomorrow in some totally mismatched ensemble. Not that I'd do that, I do tend to put in a bit of effort, but if washing isn't done, well, things could change. I think I need a maid.
My Sunday Session was also postponed, so the plan is now to head to the Pub for lunch and a couple of beverages. If that gets postponed I won't be the happiest of campers - I've spent far too much time in this house and in this bed over the last week. No, seriously, there is a clear dent where I have been laying for pretty much the last week. It's actually kind of disturbing. Fear not though, I have actually changed the sheets and washed my doona cover. I'm not entirely laying here in my own dead skin cells.
Perhaps I'll also try and discover what the missing ingredient is from my soup. Hopefully it's something in my pantry, because I'm not sure I feel like making a trip to the supermarket. Although having said that, I should get some exercise at some stage today. Perhaps I'll even walk the 3km to the Pub. It's quite a lovely looking day outside.

On that note, I think I'll go and do something productive (Read: Throw some clothes in the washing machine and then hope the weather turns sour so I can then throw them in the dryer).

I may be back later. My fellow blogger Kevin has inspired me to perhaps share a story of my childhood. If you choose to read his stories before I get the chance to post one of my own, please note that my writing is doubtful to even come close to the standard of his. Nor will my stories be quite as eventful, but they'll generally be autobiographical. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Until then

xx

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top The Life of Gems. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.