Monday Madness Recap

So, 'Trudy' and I decided to go to the Pub for lunch yesterday, with the intention of accompanying the meal with a cold beverage or two.
We met at 1pm, I got home some time around 8pm feeling a just a teensy bit boozier than I had when I left home.
Okay, a lot boozier.
What kind of fool goes drinking with 'Trudy' on a Monday afternoon, knowing that they have to work the next day. 'Trudy' can drink. A lot. Without it affecting her much. Gemma ... weelllll ... Not so much. Am impressed with my efforts though. It started off with one beer. Then we decided to buy jugs. We had two between us (or maybe it was three), then I decided I felt like vodka. Then 'Trudy' won a $25 voucher that had to be used that day. No time like the present, hey? So we had a Cosmo each. Then another vodka. Then another Cosmo.
I really shouldn't try and remember how much I drank. My head hurts enough as it is.

I also left with a cute guy's phone number, and by the time I went to sleep last night, I'd scored myself a movie date for Wednesday night. Not with that guy though. He was actually kind of lame. He was all "Any other night but tonight". Pfft. Can only imagine what his very encouraging mates were saying to him after 'Trudy' and I left. Whatev. Neeeeexxxt!
My movie date is with a guy I saw a couple of times pre my last relationship. In my drunken stupor I texted him about "Any other night" guy and he showered me with sms flattery, then suddenly he asks me if I want to go out to a movie. Lucky I was already lying down, or else I would've fallen down. Not from the alcohol. We've never actually been on a date before, and normally the texts I get from him are a little X-Rated and late at night. They keep me very amused. So I was suitably stunned that he wants to actually take me out to the movies.

Will report back after the 'date' has taken place. Until then, I need to get myself ready for work so that I'm in the city early enough to grab a greasy breakfast. Bloody 'Trudy'.



NB: Yes, 'Trudy' is a real person, however 'Trudy' is not her real name. "Any other night" guys friends decided her name is 'Trudy' and I'm running with it. Why the heck not?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
June 10, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Trudy sounds like a trooper. A little dangerous though if she can drink like a fish.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top The Life of Gems. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.