Wednesday Waffle

I think my body has finally had enough of it's recent abuse (read: enjoying single life way too much, and consuming copious amounts of alcohol, as well as neglecting to nourish it with vitamins) and it's screaming at me to slow down and focus.

After eating a rather tasty lunch yesterday, a wave of nausea washed over me and I hightailed it to the bathroom three times within about 10 minutes. I was **this** close to full-on bolting down the corridor, but decided that running may further upset my stomach and got the power-walk down pat instead.

Back to my desk and 'Holy bejeebers!'. Feels like someone has put a clamp on my head. Oh, wait, and now they're spinning me. Dizziness, headaches, oh and lucky me, the heart starts racing. A colleague sees me and I must've looked a sight, because he appeared somewhat shocked. I stumbled the half a dozen or so steps to my leaders desk, and requested that I go home.

Somehow survived a rather loud but entertaining bus trip (3pm bus = school boys. Teenagers. Oh joy.) and got myself home to the comfort of my bed. The next several hours were spent feeling sorry for myself/dozing/dvd watching/aching and sharing war stories with a friend. We were both feeling about as cheery as each other. Awesome.

This morning, I allowed myself a sleep-in to recuperate. I thought I was fine. Breakfast went down a treat (raisin toast always does, nom nom nom) then off to the shower. Who knew standing up could require so much effort. I managed to stay in there for an age though, just enjoying the hot water on my back, but knew that my body had had enough of it's recent mistreatment, and it would not allow me to endure a days work. Fun times.

So today, I will toddle off to the chemist to stock up on vitamins, and also to the supermarket, where I will purchase the ingredients required to actually cook myself Proper Meals. Bugger how depressing it feels to cook For One. Once again, my mind loves it's lame arse excuses.

This weekend will be All About Gemma in attempt to get my body back into order. Relaxing, reading, time with friends and cooking. Sounds perfect. And no alcohol. Yes, that's right. No Alcohol.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top The Life of Gems. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.