Down in Funky Town

I have no idea what my problem is at the moment. I'm just blah. Everything is blah. Lacking motivation to do anything. Maybe I'm still recovering from the flu? Maybe it's PMS (highly likely)? The stupidest thing is that I recognise that I'm feeling low/blah/in a funk and I want to get out of it, but I just couldn't be bothered.

Not good. I've re-read my 'Letter to Myself' (well, looked at it and remembered what I told myself) a couple of times, and as soon as I see it it cheers me up, but then I click away from the page and within 10 minutes I'm back down in Funky Town.

I should stop thinking about things and just get up and do them.

Every morning when I'm trying to find something to wear to work, I look at the mess in my room and think 'I should really tidy that up, I'll start it tonight'. Then every evening when I step foot in my room again I think 'Yeah, nah, I'll wait til the weekend'. Then the weekend rolls around and I feel all kinds of crappy at the thought that the only plans I have for the weekend are to do housework. Can you blame me? I know the rewards will be worth it. All my clothes all washed and cleaned and hung up. Until I realise that I don't have enough room in my wardrobe for all my clothes and decide to leave half of them on the floor. Viscious cycle. I'm my worst enemy.

Alright. Enough of the procrastination. I'm going to get off my freaking back (would've said arse, but I'm still lying in bed) and go and do a load of washing and do some other housework. No time like the present, and clean clothes are kind of handy.
I may even unload the dishwasher *faints with shock*

Have a lovely weekend dear readers. Perhaps I'll have more adventures to tell you later.

xx

4 comments:

the girl with the pink teacup said...
June 13, 2009 at 10:14 AM

My friend, you have just descibed my last few days in painstaking yet frighteningly accurate detail. Yesterday I finally kicked myself hard enough up the arse to deal with the "metastasising laundry" (as one bloggy poet described it). It took 8 loads. I shit you not. And we have a 7kg washing machine. Until then, I had no idea how much dirty laundry just the two of us could generate... AND I am the kind of person who "recycles" clothes a few times before washing. Scary shit.

On a procrastination-related note, I posted an awesome cartoon (drawn by someone else, obviously) on my blog a little while ago under a post entitled "I'll Get Around To It" - it pretty much sums up my whole procrastination style ;) You might like it too - no obligations though, of course! *end unintentional blog promotion*

Have a good weekend - hope you don't get eaten by your laundry basket

xo

Gemma said...
June 13, 2009 at 10:39 AM

I feel human now. Perhaps there's a full-moon about?
I've done one load thus far. It's sitting in the washing machine as I type. I told myself I was just going to wash everything I've got lying around, yet still I managed to create a pile of 'wash later' or 'it's clean, just hang it' on my bed, and only to put it back from whence it came so that I could get back onto the bed. Oops.
I don't even have *that* much in the way of clothes. I threw out at least 10 bags before I moved two months ago. I think my clothes breed.

I shall go and check out this 'awesome cartoon' of yours, before I shower, hang out my washing and *faints with shock* Leave. The. House :O

x

Organic Meatbag said...
June 16, 2009 at 5:43 AM

Funky town is only cool if Bootsy Collins is there too...

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top The Life of Gems. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.