37 weeks ... but who's counting?

No, I'm not announcing a pregnancy. 37 weeks is how long I have to wait before I go on my European adventure. Yes, I'm a tad excited.
Having never been overseas before, I'm excited about the adventures that await me, but shit scared about the flight. The longest flight I've been on was four hours, and my partner at the time said that he never wanted to fly with me again. When we discussed going on a trip to London, he was more than willing for us to fly separately, and he would've happily waited 2 hours for me at Heathrow. That's not a good sign is it?
Flying issues aside - I'm sure a doctor can sort me out with something to knock me out or calm me down or something, although it's more an issue of being uncomfortable, so we'll go for knock me out - the excitement is definitely the emotion that I'm feeling the most right now.
New cities, new cultures, new sights to see.
At this VERY early stage in the planning process, the itinerary looks something like this: Fly Brisbane to Paris, spend 5 days in Paris. Fly Paris to Rome, spend 5 days exploring Italy - I'm actually more interested in the smaller villages than Rome, I want to immerse myself in Italian culture. Fly Rome to Amsterdam, spend 4 days exploring Amsterdam. My 'Tour Guide' and travel buddy lives in Amsterdam, so I'm sure he'll be able to show me around the city with a great deal of ease. Then I fly back to Brisbane and start saving again for another adventure. Preferably a longer one.

Of course, 37 weeks is a long time to plan, so perhaps things will change. Perhaps between now and then I'll find myself in the position to consider working over there, or the opportunity to get into my dream job - travel journalism - will present itself.

The possibilities are endless. "The rest is still unwritten" ~ Natasha Bedingfield

4 comments:

Mr. Condescending said...
May 28, 2009 at 5:39 AM

oooh im jealous! have room for me tew?

Gemma said...
May 28, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Depends. How small can you curl up? My suitcase is rather large, but it will be winter so I'll be taking a fair bit of clothing ...

Mr. Condescending said...
May 28, 2009 at 9:19 PM

I believe its possible to hide in the wheel well of the plane

Gemma said...
May 28, 2009 at 10:08 PM

If you can hide yourself in the wheel well of a plane and end up in Europe, I'll be more than happy to accompany you.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top The Life of Gems. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.