Challenge 7: Fifteen Facts

Blog This Challenge 7
Tell us fifteen facinating, far fetched, frightening, funny or frivilous facts about yourself. Those bits of trivia that are floating around in your life.


Can you eat 10 burgers in one sitting? Do you sleep with your eyes open? Can you tie a cherry stalk into a knot? Speak 5 different languages?

All those things that you've bored your friends and family with for years - We want to know.

1. I'm currently addicted to scarves. I can't wear them often enough. I heart them.
2. I once had 12 inches cut off my hair. It felt so liberating. I doubt I'll ever grow my hair that long again. It's currently about 4 inches long all over.
3. I have the ability to drive a manual car, but haven't done so in over 2 years. I'm considering hiring a car one day just to refresh my memory.
4. I've fallen asleep with my eyes open, and conducted a conversation with my dad while I was sleeping. I remembered the conversation, but had hoped it was a bad dream, as it was about a neighbour who had passed away.
5. I'm terrible at keeping in touch with people, and often consider getting back into contact with people from my past but don't because I feel slack for not having been a better friend.
6. I'm a hopless romantic. I believe that 'Prince Charming' is out there somewhere.
7. I get bored easily and almost constantly seek excitement.
8. I loathe the number 6, and am not particularly keen on the number 13 either. I will go out of my way to avoid the number 6. If I'm reading a book before I go to sleep, I will hesitantly stop at the end of chapter 5, and convince myself that I can stop there because I've only read 5 chapters. If I stop at the end of chapter 6, I tell myself it's okay because I'm up to chapter 7.
9. Once upon a time I didn't like the taste of coffee, now I love my caffiene fix in the morning and really appreciate a great coffee.
10. I love to cook, but don't cook proper meals often enough. This is partially due to not having the motivation to cook for myself, and partially because I don't like being the first to taste my food.
11. I fear death.
12. I don't tell people what the fondest memory I have of my pa is because I'm afraid they'll think bad things about him. I doubt society today would look at it in the same fond light as I do. That saddens me.
13. I can't remember the last time I told my father I loved him, but I do and he means the world to me.
14. I don't get to see my family as often as I would like, but I don't like to go to the area they live in as it upsets me and makes me feel uncomfortable. It no longer feels like home.
15. I have a secret that I'd love to share with you all, but I'm afraid you'd laugh at me and I don't handle criticism well.

6 comments:

Teneal said...
July 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Tell me the secret :)

I have learnt new things about you here, wow. Clearly I am not a good question asking friend!

Mr O said...
July 3, 2009 at 11:35 PM

this was awesome:

4. I've fallen asleep with my eyes open, and conducted a conversation with my dad while I was sleeping.

Gemma said...
July 4, 2009 at 7:32 AM

That was the idea though, Teneal, I wanted to share things that I didn't think I'd shared before :)
You kinda know the secret anyway ;)

Yep, was pretty freaky Mr O!

Leila said...
July 5, 2009 at 4:28 AM

Prince Charming is definitely out there for you. He just seems to be taking his sweet ass time about it. ♥

Anonymous said...
July 6, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Lovely list.

Yeah. Prince Charming, he is out there, he does exist. He's just got to do something about trading in his horse for something that will get to you faster...

Kristalee said...
July 8, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Hi Gemma, I hope your prince charming is close by! That is sad that you feel that about your grandfather. Sounds like he was pretty special

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top The Life of Gems. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.