Blah-ness

This week was a bit of a nothing week, hence the lack of blogging. I get like that sometimes; loads of things to blog about one week, bugger all the next.

I've just been working, eating and sleeping. Oh, and I went to the movies with my housemate on Thursday night and had myself a little adventure on the way. Scared the shit out of me, but once resolved I couldn't stop laughing. It's too embarrassing to share here though. Yes, it was THAT bad!

Plans for Europe are still in place. Only thing I can do at the moment is save, and I'm trying, but I'm a shocker with money. I'll get there though. If I'm meant to go, I'll reach my goal. Disgustingly positive attitude, and not entirely practical, but that's how I roll peeps, that's how I roll. I did make a 'Europe related purchase' this week actually. I was in a store and spotted a rather nice coat. A nearby sign suggested that it was 30% off but I wasn't certain and needed to start heading back to the office. So I checked online and found (if not the same one, then a very similar one!) the jacket - for less than the instore price! I purchased that little baby, and now it's being shipped to me. You're going to think me insane for saying this, but I hope it stays cold here in 'sunny' Queensland for a little while longer, just so I can trial run my new coat.
Here she is:
I bought her in black. She's not as pretty, or quite as practical, as the one I lusted after a few posts back (I did go and check that one out IRL though, and lusted some more) but she was also considerably less. In black, she's going to look way stylish. I'll try and remember to show her off when she arrives.

Aside from happy things like adventures and coat purchases, I've had a bit of an emotional week. Riding the good ol' rollercoaster of life. Happy as Larry (maybe I should change my name to Larry and then I'll be happy all the time?!) one minute, in tears the next. Okay, maybe not quite that emotional, but certainly within the space of a day I've gone from sublime happiness to tears and 'why me?' thoughts. I've been wondering lately if I should go back to a psychologist. I saw one about 18 months ago, but stopped seeing her earlier than I should've. Stupid emotions making me think I was 'better' than I was. If I can find the time and money, I think I might. Would be nice to be able to vent and have a sounding board.

I'm trying to stay upbeat and in love with life, to focus on the positives and appreciate what I do have. Like friends who decide at 10pm on a Friday night that they feel like eggs so we should do breakfast the following day. And the ability to work paid overtime to help out with savings for my European Adventure. And getting dolled up to celebrate a friends birthday. A fun day ahead - if I don't think about the housework too.

Happy weekend, readers

xx

3 comments:

Teneal said...
July 4, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Woo hoo, I got a mention - even if it is weird egg girl ;)

And I am pretty sure you get free counselling through work (ask me how! Sound like one of those make $5000 from home ads).

Thanks for being my breakfast and shopping buddy. So much for work :P

Gemma said...
July 4, 2009 at 3:26 PM

You're not weird, just egg-centric *ba-boom-tish*

Oh yeah, forgot about that! Will have to look into it :) Thanks :)

No worries, any time. Was a fun morning ... Not my fault re work :P

the girl with the pink teacup said...
July 4, 2009 at 6:19 PM

You're back, Gems!

Glad your week was busy, and mostly OK. SWEEEEET coat! It's going to look fantastic.

Hope the rollercoaster slows down a little for you soon - sounds like seeing a psychologist again might help you sort through some of the stuff that's bothering you. Worth the pennies :)

And loved that egg-centric joke. Losers represent!

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top The Life of Gems. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.